Saturday, Feb 29, 2020
Nancy Gitlin has been a group exercise supervisor for over 20 years and is the Fitness and Dance Supervisor at the Benton Harbor-Saint Joseph YMCA in MI. She holds a BFA in Dance from Boston Conservatory of Music and has created aerobic and dance curriculum for Johnson County Community College in Kansas City and Lake Michigan College. She has also taught at the prestigious Broadway Dance Center in New York City and The Boston Conservatory of Music. Nancy also authored Frank Hatchett’s Jazz Dance published by Human Kinetics and her extensive dance background has been a springboard to every type of program that involves strength, endurance and choreography. She was formally the Co-Lead Developer for the QiDance fitness program and QiClub.com, and also a former SCW Fitness Education Faculty member and presenter for national dance conventions. In addition, Nancy has starred and assisted in numerous dance cardio and Pilates videos and is currently a Master Trainer for Tabata Bootcamp™ and Barre Above®.Her passion lies in helping her participants develop dedication to lifestyle change and making a lasting positive difference in each of their lives.
1086 S. Rochester Rd.
Rochester Hills MI 48307
11:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$289.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Nancy Gitlin
Barre Above® Master Trainer