Saturday, Feb 15, 2020
Shannen unlocked her passion for fitness as a freshman at Texas A&M University. Determined to pursue a healthy lifestyle while in college, she became heavily involved in the group fitness program offered at the Student Recreation Center. The following spring, Shannen began her fitness journey. After joining the Texas A&M Group Fitness Team, Shannen began teaching step, dance fitness, kickbox, and HIIT classes. One year of teaching high impact classes several times per week took a toll on her body, and she quickly realized that she needed to add low impact formats into her repertoire. Shannen's first adventure into Mind/Body fitness was yoga followed quickly by barre. She appreciated the elegance and intensity a barre workout could provide while still remaining low impact. After obtaining a barre certification she began to teach, but felt like there was still something missing from her classes. She had been teaching barre for three years when she first experienced a PulsePointe barre class. Shannen fell in love with the energy and freestyle choreography of PulsePointe barre, and realized it was exactly what she had been looking for. During her time in the fitness industry, Shannen has received certifications through PulsePointe barre, YogaFit (Level 1), Schwinn Cycling, Peak Pilates (Mat 1), and AFAA (GX). Upon obtaining her M.Ed. in Education Shannen moved to San Antonio, TX. Shannen currently oversees the University of Texas at San Antonio group fitness & personal training program, teaches multiple group fitness classes per week, and oversees the hiring and training of all new group fitness instructors at her facility. When she isn’t pursuing a new fitness endeavor, she enjoys spending time with friends and family and traveling the world.
797 Olsen Blvd, Room 303
College Station TX 77845
9:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$289.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Shannen Miller
Barre Above® Master Trainer