Sunday, Oct 25, 2020
Kirstin is a fitness professional helping people reach their personal best through group fitness in a fun, energetic and inclusive environment! Her primary focus and passion is Barre, a fusion class including elements of Pilates, yoga, strength training and ballet. Kirstin believes in teaching classes that allow all participants to be successful. She provides exercise options for those who are avid gym-goers, those who are just now making the exercise a part of their lifestyle, and even those coming off injuries. Kirstin is a Barre Above® Master Trainer, and a professionally certified Group Fitness Instructor with the American Council on Exercise (ACE). She also holds two cycling certifications. Education and remaining current on the most recent scientific data for exercise and wellness are of the utmost importance to Kirstin. She has studied exercise for low back health, prenatal and postnatal exercise, exercise and mental health and psychology of group fitness among other topics. Kirstin began her journey into fitness in the summer of 6th grade when she discovered Denise Austin’s early morning 30-minute exercise show on television. She got up every weekday that summer at 6:30am to exercise with soup cans for dumbbells! After high school, Kirstin worked at a local gym during college and eventually made her way to Operations Manager. Kirstin moved into healthcare administration as a career, and holds a Masters in Healthcare Administration. After 12 years in healthcare where she spent her last three years working in the senior care industry, Kirstin became a stay-at-home to her two daughters, and journeyed back into fitness. Kirstin is passionate about teaching people functional exercises that enhance their activities of daily living (ADLs) and empower them physically, so when they hit that senior age (or even if they already are), they can live independently and safely in their own homes as long as possible!
2110 S 67th Street
Omaha NE 68106
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$289.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Kirstin Nath
Barre Above® Master Trainer