Sunday, May 15, 2022
Vanessa discovered Pilates in 2001 while recovering from multiple injuries playing college basketball, and in it, she found not only a way to rehabilitate sports injuries, but also a core set of principles upon which she’s since built her life and career. Hailing from both the west coast and midwest, her ability to connect with people, establish trust, and explain and demonstrate concepts in innovative ways has helped her private and group clients/ students become stronger, stand taller, and feel better. Vanessa worked on the corporate Club Pilates team to help develop the Club Pilates franchise locations from the 28th open location to over 700 open locations. She re-wrote the Comprehensive Teacher Training program, established the Club Pilates Master Teacher Training program and was an integral part in the Club Pilates instructor bridge training program. Vanessa continues to lead education around the country and help in the evolution of the training for fitness education programs.
12145 Alta Carmel Ct Ste 220
San Diego CA 92128
1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$339.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Vanessa Huffman
Barre Above® Program Specialist