Saturday, Nov 12, 2022
Tori Lord Charlotte, NC "Dedicating her career to Campus Recreation, Tori began her fitness journey during her undergraduate work at Penn State University. She spent 32 weeks studying and training in order to learn all the aspects of the fitness industry and the qualities that make a motivational fitness instructor. Some skills obtained in this training include proper form and fitness technique, musicality, and designing safe and effective workouts for all. As a previous athlete and dancer, Tori transitioned easily into the fitness industry with great passion and excitement. After graduating from Penn State with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Tori attended Texas A&M University to pursue a Master’s degree in Sport Management. During her two years in graduate school, she taught fitness classes and early morning boot camps for the University, as well as a local gym in her neighborhood. Upon completing her degree, Tori returned to her Alma Mater at Penn State as a Fitness Coordinator to train new students in the same program that developed her love of fitness. Tori currently operates the recreational fitness programming at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She oversees 75 student employees and handles the operations of two weight rooms, 55 group fitness classes a week, personal training programming, and specialty fitness events on campus. Tori is also planning to increase her fitness programs at UNC Charlotte as her department prepares to move into a 5-story, 144,000sq. foot recreation center. Over the last 8 years, Tori has acquired several certifications and licenses such as AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, AFAA Personal Fitness Trainer, YogaFit Level 1, YogaFit Level 2, YogaFit Props, Pulsepointe Barre, Schwinn Cycling, Stairmaster Boxmaster, Zumba license, and Les Mills BodyPump. She is also an American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor and a QPR Gatekeeper Instructor, as well as a Safe Zone Ally" Certifications: Master Trainer for Barre Above™ Master Trainer for Tabata Bootcamp™
227 Fayetteville St.
Raleigh NC 27601
9:00 AM - 5:00 AM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$289.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Tori Lord
Barre Above® Program Specialist