**Take advantage of the advanced/early bird pricing and register today! We offer a zero-risk COVID policy – whereby if you happen to test positive before your training, you can transfer your registration to a future event of your choice for free – OR complete your certification 100% virtually from home!**
Saturday, Dec 17, 2022
Kia Williams, M.B.A, M.S., 200hr RYTis a certified fitness instructor, global business presenter, author, fitness program specialist and content creator, guest host of the IDEA Fitpro Show podcast, and host of IDEA Health & Fitness Association web series “Paths to Success” and Fit and Fierce on the Mic--a podcast dedicated to providing expert advice, tangible tips and help to improve fitness, refine teaching and coaching technique, and to grow fitness businesses and services. She is the Wellness Chairwoman for the NAACP Fort Worth-Tarrant County Chapter and an executive board member of Fit4Mom and for Jeremiah 33:6, a not-for-profit holistic health education and preventative medicine corporation. Most notably, Kia Williams is the youngest and first black person to be awarded with the IDEA World Instructor of the Year award. She is also a featured fitness coach on the Floyd Mayweather “MayweatherHomeFitness app”. She is a contributor to the IDEA World Diversity and Inclusion Committee and for Savvier Fitness fitness formats such as Barre Above. Kia has contributed as an author, editor, and fitness model for books published by Human Kinetics. She has been a featured guest speaker on many platforms and shows such as WFAA News Daybreak, The Pedestal Project, IDEA Virtual, SCW, Fitness Town Hall: Systematic Racism in Fitness with Lawrence Biscontini, Struct Club, WIFA Podcast, The Masters Fitness Podcast with Chan Galloway, All About Fitness Podcast with Pete McCall, and more. Kia has managed several fitness and wellness programs and facilities and uses her transferable professional skills and experience in fitness to mentor young professionals, support multicultural engagement, and to make fitness accessible, inclusive, and feasible for the masses. Kia's career mission is to support people who are affected by marginalization in jobs, education, healthcare, and lack of representation in the fitness industry. Overall, Kia is committed to helping others live a healthy lifestyle by maintaining a strong, fit, and balanced mind and body.
2235 N Sheffield Ave (Ray Meyer Fitness and Rec Center)
Chicago IL 60614
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
2 days left
Until price increase to $259.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Kia Williams
Barre Above® Program Specialist