Sunday, Feb 12, 2023
Shannon Engle is an energized motivator, loving spirit, fitness instructor, personal trainer who specializes in putting smiles on people’s faces through various fitness formats. Shannon’s journey in the fitness industry sparked from an early passion for movement, dance, and helping people learn to love what their bodies capable of. She first began teaching group fitness at her dance studio in high school to help the parents fall in love with movement again. As a freshmen at Texas A&M she was trained through the Recreation Center program, taught a variety of formats such as dance, strength, kickboxing, etc., served as the Student Assistant of Fitness, trained new instructors, and created new formats. When Shannon first experienced barre, she knew it was just the right fit for her as it combined her love for high-energy, musically-driven classes with the muscular endurance and strength that she loves. Shannon then joined the Lauren George Fitness team as Lauren’s assistant, as well as launched a virtual group training business called The Gym Shannonigans. Upon graduation, Shannon moved to Houston where she began her career as the Health Fitness Coordinator at Houston Methodist Hospital educating the staff on fitness and wellness as well as teaching barre, Pumped Up Strength, dance fitness, kickboxing, and bootcamp style classes in the Houston area. In addition to being a Program Specialist for Barre Above, Shannon is a certified ACE Group Exercise instructor, ACE Personal Trainer, Pumped Up Strength Ambassador, Schwinn Cycle Instructor, and Zumba Instructor. Shannon is passionate about providing high-quality and fun continuing education for all fitness professionals in order help them spark a love for wellness in all people. Certifications: • • Program Specialist for Barre Above™ • Ambassador for Pumped Up Strength • ACE Group Fitness Instructor • ACE Personal Trainer • Schwinn Cycle Instructor • Zumba Fitness Instructor • Education: • B.S. Biochemistry from Texas A&M University
797 Olsen Blvd, Room 303
College Station TX 77845
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$299.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Shannon Engle
Barre Above® Program Specialist