Sunday, Apr 16, 2023
Shannen unlocked her passion for fitness as a freshman at Texas A&M University. Determined to pursue a healthy lifestyle while in college, she became heavily involved in the group fitness program offered at the Student Recreation Center. The following spring, Shannen began her fitness journey. After joining the Texas A&M Group Fitness Team, Shannen began teaching step, dance fitness, kickbox, and HIIT classes. One year of teaching high impact classes several times per week took a toll on her body, and she quickly realized that she needed to add low impact formats into her repertoire. Shannen's first adventure into Mind/Body fitness was yoga followed quickly by barre. She appreciated the elegance and intensity a barre workout could provide while still remaining low impact. After obtaining a barre certification she began to teach, but felt like there was still something missing from her classes. She had been teaching barre for three years when she first experienced a barre class. Shannen fell in love with the energy and freestyle choreography of barre, and realized it was exactly what she had been looking for. During her time in the fitness industry, Shannen has received certifications through YogaFit (Level 3), Schwinn Cycling, Club Pilates 500 hour Comprehensive Pilates Training, and AFAA (GX). Upon obtaining her M.Ed. in Education Shannen moved to San Antonio, TX where she oversaw the University of Texas at San Antonio group fitness & personal training program for 3 years. Currently, Shannen lives in Austin and works full time teaching at various studios. When she isn’t pursuing a new fitness endeavor, she enjoys spending time with friends and family and traveling the world. "
812 N Pottstown Pike
Exton PA 19341
1:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$339.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Shannen Murray
Barre Above® Program Specialist