Sunday, Apr 23, 2023
Abbie Appel is a recreational therapist and the owner of AbbieFit Consulting. As fitness education specialist she collaborates with organizations including YMCA, Crunch, and Equinox. She is an author and program developer who created the SCW Pilates and SCW Stretching Certification and contributed to the ACSM Group Exercise Manual and Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certification Manual. Abbie is an acclaimed presenter for ACSM, IDEA, IHRSA and SCW, among others. She delivers fitness education for world-class brands including Nautilus, Schwinn and TRX.
101 Intramural Building
University Park PA 16801
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
17 days left
Until price increase to $259.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Abbie Appel
Barre Above® Program Specialist