Sunday, Sep 24, 2023
Ever since she can remember, Maria’s passion has always been movement. Through her life she journeyed from group fitness, to pilates & yoga, to complimentary therapies and sound healing. Little did Maria know that this passion for movement would take her on a whole new journey of opening to the flow. At the present time, Maria wears many “work hats”. Her motto is, “Do what you love and call it work!” She currently is a Lead Instructor and a Master Trainer for Club Pilates, a Teacher Trainer for the Atma Buti® Sound & Vibrational School, Boulder AND also does freelance work on the side. Maria’s work life is full of blessings! For the last 23 years, Maria has dedicated her life to offering movement and vibrational therapy instruction. However; her path continues to lead her back to Pilates. As a lead instructor and a master trainer in the Club Pilates corporation, Maria has had the opportunity to serve many through teaching classes and instructing new teachers. It brings her great joy to watch others explore and expand their own knowledge and awareness. As a new trainer for Barre-Above, Maria is passionate about the exploration of Pilates as a functional practice that can apply to the masses through what is known as “vertical Pilates”. She is so excited to add this to her toolbox and teach others!
2850 Baseline Rd. Unit A-2
Boulder CO 80303
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 NPCP/ PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
94 days left
Until price increase to $319.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Maria Pertile
Barre Above® Program Specialist