Saturday, Jan 20, 2024
Michelle lives in Atlanta, GA bringing 28 years experience to the fitness industry. Her certifications include: PMA, 500 hour Pilates Instructor, NASM Personal Trainer and ACE Group Exercise Instructor. She is a Master Trainer for Barre Above, Barre Above with Pilates Focus, Extreme HITT Chaos and Tabata Bootcamp. Her past experience includes being a Master Trainer for FITour in Pilates, yoga, group exercise, personal training, cycling and kickboxing. She has served as program director for various fitness facilities, Faculty for the YMCA of the USA and business owner. As a Barre, Pilates, HITT and strength Instructor, her passion is to empower, educate and motivate others to become an instructor, achieve goals, and live a healthy lifestyle.
5552-B Chamblee Dunwoody Rd
Dunwoody GA 30338
12:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
30 days left
Until price increase to $319.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Michelle Jernigan-Morris
Barre Above® Program Specialist