Sunday, Jan 27, 2019
The Area Fitness Program Manager for Harvard University and Harvard Law School since 2003, Dawn Stenis holds a BA in Kinesiology and has over 20 years of experience in the fitness industry. She is a certified personal trainer, group fitness instructor and a former health club owner as well as a Master Trainer and Presenter for Schwinn™ Cycling, BOSU® Fitness, Tabata Bootcamp™, Barre Above® and SCW Mania® conventions. Dawn’s fitness career was inspired by the untimely death of grandfather during her sophomore year in college. Since his death from inactivity, she has vowed to make the world move and is fueled by her passion for leading and mentoring others, from fitness class participants to other instructors and trainers. Dawn’s philosophy lies in helping everyone find the joy in movement, leading to longer, healthy, active lives.
39 Holyoke Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
55 days left
Until price increase to $269.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Dawn Stenis
Barre Above® Master Trainer