Sunday, Apr 7, 2019
Irene Lewis-McCormick, M.S., was named IDEA Health and Fitness Top 3 Group Fitness Instructor of the Year in 2015. She is the Education Director for Octane Fitness, adjunct faculty at Drake University and a published author. A former Division 1 Track athlete, she holds a B.S. in Child Development and an M.S. in Exercise and Sport Science. A RYKA FitPro Ambassador, Irene is a featured conference speaker, SCW Fitness faculty and a subject matter expert for NASM and ACE. Irene is a master trainer for Tabata Bootcamp™, Barre Above®, TRX, Octane Fitness and JumpSport Fitness. She is featured talent in several DVD's and a contributing writer for fitness publications including IDEA Health and Fitness, Shape, Prevention, Diabetic Living, Oxygen and More Magazine. She has written eleven educational manuals on topics ranging from small group training to water fitness and two books for Human Kinetics; A Woman's Guide to Muscle and Strength, and The HIIT Advantage for Women. Irene is an Orange Theory Fitness coach and the featured Workout of the Week Trainer on NBC-WHO TV in Des Moines, Iowa.
University of MD Recreation & Wellness -1115 Eppley Recreation Center
College Park, MD 20742
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
104 days left
Until price increase to $269.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Irene Lewis-McCormick
Barre Above® Master Trainer