Sunday, Mar 3, 2019
Since childhood Heather has participated in numerous sports and fitness activities. This included participation in many dance competitions and workshops regionally. At 15, Heather was awarded a summer scholarship with Alvin Ailey’s Dance Company in NYC. She continued to take ballet during college, but ended up leaving dance for a club sport as well as aerobic classes at her local gym. With her extensive background in dance Heather was naturally drawn to group exercise classes and eventually decided to certify as an instructor in 2009. She enjoys a “good old” hi lo or step class any day, but when Barre above™ came along, well, that became her passion. Heather now teaches Barre above™ classes at Gold’s Gym in Fairport, NY. Heather also has professional experience in teaching, group facilitation, project management and sales. Education BS Biology, SUNY Geneseo MS Education and Human Development, SUNY Brockport MS Health Systems Administration, Rochester Institute of Technology. Certifications YMCA / ACE Group Exercise TRX BOSU Master Trainer for Barre Above™
East Gym/Recreation Center Room #G024
Binghamton, NY 13902
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$289.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Heather Cottone
Barre Above® Master Trainer