Sunday, Feb 3, 2019
Kit has relocated to Denver from New York City, where she taught Pilates since 2006. Growing up in the professional ballet world, Kit has always had a love of biomechanics and movement. Dealing with back and hip injuries from ballet, she turned to Pilates to help her realign and rehab her own body. In 2006, Kit earned her Pilates Mat certification with Linda Farrell of LindaFit Pilates and her apparatus certification at Pilates Academy International (PAI) in New York City, while becoming an instructor at Pilates on Fifth. She is also a certified CARDIOLATES® instructor, Barre Above Master Trainer, TRX for Club Pilates educator and Senior Master Trainer for Club Pilates. Over the past few years, Kit has trained a wide range of clients; from NFL football players and professional dancers to the Pilates novice. Her teaching style reflects her roots as a dancer, a marathon runner and an IRONMAN athlete. She pushes and challenges her clients to fulfill their fitness potential, while maintaining a fun and encouraging environment. Since certification, Kit has appeared in a GAIAM Pilates DVD (Total Body Challenge: Pilates with Linda Farrell) and Pilates Style Magazine (March 2007, Do You Believe In Magic, by Jillian Hessel), was interviewed for SHAPE Magazine, as well as developing mat classes for fitness clubs around the NYC area. While outside the studio, she continues her running and triathlon training throughout the year with various charity groups and hopes to continue this passion here in Denver and is excited to help you find your healthiest self. Most recently, Kit was the Sr. Corporate Master Trainer at Club Pilates where she traveled the U.S. and Canada helping the franchise open new studios, train participants to become Pilates Instructors, train Pilates Instructors to be a Master Trainer for the franchise, assisted in writing Pilates content for a number of publications and much more. She is looking forward to being back in the studios in Denver helping people to move better and enjoy a more pain free life. Certifications Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) Certified Instructor, CPT Club Pilates Master Trainer since 2016 with over 50 participants Club Pilates Lead Instructor, CP Cherry Hills Former Club Pilates Corporate Education Department team Barre Above with Pilates Focus Master Trainer Pilates Academy International Certified Instructor (STOTT Pilates) ActivMotion Bar Ambassador TRX Qualified LindaFit Pilates Mat Certified Instructor CARDIOLATES® Certified (Pilates Academy International) Trigger Point Physical Therapy Certified
3576 S. Logan St. Unit B
Englewood, CO 80113
1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$299.99Price changes tonight to $319.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Kit Matthews
Barre Above® Master Trainer