Wednesday, Jul 17, 2019
Kia Williams, MS, is an experienced group fitness instructor and personal trainer who teaches multiple formats, including yoga, cycling, dance, barre, kickboxing and others. She has managed the fitness and wellness programs at the University of North Texas, Texas A&M University-Commerce, and currently is managing the fitness program at the University of Illinois in Champaign. In addition to holding a master’s degree in recreation and leisure studies (sports management), Kia earned dual bachelor’s degrees in radio, television and film; and English. She holds several specialty certifications including Barre Above®, Schwinn® Cycling, Pulsepoint Barre, TRX®, BOSU®, BODYSHRED®, Piloxing®, and others. As a master trainer for Barre Above®, Kia is committed to helping other live a healthy lifestyle by maintaining a strong and fit mind and body. Certifications: AFAA, NASM (pending)
9 Estell Lee Place
Wilmington NC 28401
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Admittance to 8-hr Live In-Person Barre above™ Instructor Certification with Master Trainer. Includes CECs and Instructor Certification Materials provided on certification date at location. Attendee is certified to teach Barre above™ and Barre fusion classes upon completion of 8-Hr Day.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- Which exercises to teach in neutral spine and when not to use pelvic tuck exercises.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology that maximizes muscle fatigue.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach classic barre classes and fusion classes for all types of fitness levels.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up
- Cue for every type of learner
- Structure a warm-up that elevates core body temperature to optimum training conditions
- Blend fusion choreography to give personality to your class
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a barre workout
- 12.0 AFAA
- 1.2 ACE
- 1.2 NASM
- 12.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Online access to the New Musicality Method module that contributes 4 CECs to your training
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$289.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Kia Williams
Barre Above® Master Trainer