Saturday, Jul 13, 2019
Erik Reynolds, PMA®-CPT is fitness professional with over 24 years of experience in the industry. Born and raised in Las Vegas, he has a BS in Psychology from Park University in Kansas City Missouri. He has been in the fitness industry for over 24+ years teaching, instructor training and has been in group fitness management for 18+ years, and program development and education for 15+ years. He is the owner of Erik Reynolds Fitness, and was the co-founder and owner of re:VIBE Pilates and Fitness: A Balanced Body® Training Center. He is a Pilates Method Alliance Certified Pilates Instructor, Certified GYROTONIC® Instructor, and Fitness Educator. He is also a National Master Trainer for BOSU®, and a Master Trainer for BARRE above® with Savvier Fitness. He has presented fitness trainings and certifications at conferences all over the U.S. and has been a master trainer for many large fitness companies. His goal is that everybody can be fit and healthy, regardless of any limitations; movement can be achieved and can be beautiful at any age, size or ability. Certifications Held: ACE | AFAA | PMA
4959 Westview Dr Ste. D
Frederick, MD 21703
1:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
$339.99Event registration has expired. Please call Customer Service.
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Erik Reynolds
Barre Above® Master Trainer