Saturday, Aug 24, 2019
Wendy Savage completed her teacher training through Club Pilates in December 2011 and is a certified PMA Instructor. She is a Master Trainer for Club Pilates and ActivMotion Bar, and in 2017 earned Club Pilates Instructor of the Year. Wendy has worked at the UCSD School of Medicine as a trainer for the Standardized Patients. She is currently enrolled in the Gray Institute Certification of Applied Functional Science. As a child she participated in soccer, gymnastics and competitive cheerleading, and prior to discovering Pilates, she was running half marathons. Her favorite part of teaching is creating “A-Ha!” moments for her clients, so they can make a deeper mind/body connection and improve their practice. Certifications Held: PMA | TRX® | Barre Above® | ActivMotion® Bar
18425 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Admittance to 8-Hour live In-Person Barre specialty Certification for professionals that blends barre and Pilates training principles. Barre Above® with Pilates Focus concentrates on a functional approach to vertical Pilates & Barre training that simulates Pilates Apparatus.
You'll receive everything you need to begin teaching classes the very next day.
- The magic behind why Barre and Pilates disciplines are such a perfect combination, and how they share similar concepts and principles.
- The innovation of using Barre and Pilates equipment together to create a totally dynamic and effective functional class.
- The techniques teachers of excellence use to help first-timers feel successful, while challenging seasoned participants in the same class.
- The 2 Must-know techniques for creating effective progressions and regressions for any barre exercise.
- The power of Convergent Strength Training, a unique methodology used in Barre Above® that maximizes muscle fatigue, and how to apply it in a vertical format for a Pilates audience.
- The importance of vertical alignment, core stability, and Pilates principles as they relate to teaching a Barre and Pilates focused class.
- The application of Planes of Motion as they relate to exercise selection and functional kinesiology.
- The application of Physiology as it relates to breath and movement.
You Learn How To
- Create and teach Barre classes for a Pilates audience and for all types of fitness levels.
- Easily exchange a Barre exercise for a similar Pilates equipment exercise and how to modify both.
- Structure an effective 30, 45, 55, or 60 min. classes.
- Choose the perfect exercise selection based on your audience, whether at the Barre, on the mat, or on a reformer.
- Pattern exercise sequences that create strength gains, plus improve functionality, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, and posture.
- Teach a cohesive class for any type of room set up – whether in a small studio packed with Pilates equipment or without it.
- Cue for every type of learner
- Teach in the optimum sequencing for a Barre and Pilates fusion workout
- 8.0 PMA
- 8.0 AFAA
- 0.8 ACE
- 0.8 NASM
- 8.0 SCW
- Print & Electronic Instructor Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructor Web Account with initial workout choreography & educational videos
- 2 digital Barre workout videos
- Opportunity for ongoing education
- Discounts on equipment and apparel
52 days left
Until price increase to $319.99
Looking Forward to You Joining Our Barre Party!
— Wendy Savage
Barre Above® Master Trainer